It was April 1956 when the Adana 5 x 3 was unveiled. The machine replaced the H/S1 (High Speed 1) machine with it’s tiny 3″ x 2″ chase. This new machine was supplied with a small interior chase of 2¼” x 4¼” which allowed more adventurous work to be undertaken than on the H/S1.
In terms of materials, it was one of the earliest Adana machines to be made of an aluminium alloy, rather than cast iron.
Production of the machine ended in the mid-1980s.